Here are some of the ways I can help advocate for your child’s legal rights:
- Accompany you to your IEP Team Meetings and other school meetings to discuss the needs of your child.
- Help you make decisions prior to requesting mediation from the Bureau of Special Education Appeals (BSEA).
- Prepare for, complete the appropriate forms, and accompany you to your mediation with the BSEA.
- Help you make decisions prior to filing for a hearing with the BSEA.
- Help you make an informed decision when to engage a special education attorney.
- Assist you in preparing documents and case information in preparation for and while working with an attorney.
- Assist with filing a complaint with Program Quality Assurance.
- Assist and support you and you child in your ability to self advocate.